Thursday, January 8, 2009

New Year Resolutions

Every year I think 'I don't feel like making resolutions this year'. And then, like every other year I got caught up in the fun and made some. Here's my list of resolutions for 2009.

  • Read the Ensign every month
  • Be a better friend / listener
  • Have a house that is visitor ready all the time
  • Lose 10 lbs. (would it be a resolution list without this one?)
  • Read to Calder every day
  • Get back to doing creative things regularly
  • Wear makeup more often
  • Find a fabulous pair of jeans to replace my favorite ones that are falling apart
My resolutions come with questions. First, what type of makeup remover do you use? The honest reason why I don't wear makeup more often is because I hate that even when I wash it off at night I feel like it's not completely gone. When I shower in the morning I still have mascara that runs below my eyes. Does this happen to everyone? Maybe I'm just using the wrong thing.

The second question is: what is your favorite place to buy jeans? I mean, what is your favorite place to buy those amazing jeans that make you feel like a million bucks. Also, has anyone bought designer jeans on Ebay? If so, did you have a good experience?

9 comments:

Danielle said...

I have the same problem with my eyeliner. After I've washed my face I still have black stuff under my eyes. I use a Qtip and just plain moisturizer. I put a little bit of moisturizer on one end of the Qtip and rub it around and use that end to get the makeup from under your eye. Then use the dry side of the Qtip for a final touchup. It works great for me. I image it'll work similarly for mascara.

My favorite pair of jeans are the ones I bought at Anthropologie (the ones I had to hem). I love the fit and they are so comfortable! Although I also tried on a lot of jeans there that I didn't like. And even on sale they were still kind of expensive. I also have some Gap jeans that I like.

Larson Family said...

I like to buy jeans at Nordstrom Rack. They have great deals. Also, I have bought one pair of jeans on Ebay just barely. They are Sevens. I think what you have too look for is a "too low" price. If they are just ridiculously cheap like 10 bucks for a $160 pair of jeans, obviously not going to work. But I did get mine for 83 and they are usually 150. So good luck!

Melanie said...

Yes, same problem with the makeup. I remove it at night, then have to re-remove it after my morning shower. Not fun. But great resolutions! I would love to have a house that is visitor friendly at all times, but know that will probably never happen for me! :)

emilymhjohnson said...

Matt used to buy designer jeans on ebay all the time. It worked out great for him, but he's a guy. They don't seem as fit-sensitive as us girls. Sometimes it's worth it to save up and buy a really great pair and then wear them to pieces. That's what I did.

LuAnn said...

I have some jeans from BR that I liked until I lost too more weight when I thought I was done post partum. But the petite were still too long and I got them hemmed and she totally botched them. Made me sick. The hem is half the pant. I still need every pair of pants hemmed though so I'd like to find a tailor with a sense of style.

I remove my make up with Ponds Cold Cream. Rub it on then wipe with a square of toilet paper.

A visitor ready house at all times? Sounds a bit lofty for a mom...but maybe not for you. I've decided to just set a timer a few times a day and quit when its done. Otherwise I end up cleaning my life away and then have a messy house as soon as Simon's feet hit the ground running after his nap. I figure my place at the very least is somewhere people can stop by and think "oh good I'm not the only one." So if you get down about that goal just pop in unannounced. :)

Melissa said...

So, I buy my jeans at Buckle. Their jeans fit me and it's a nice bonus that they hem for free. Good luck, I hate shopping for jeans.

My friend has a blog, classycosmetics.blogspot.com and she has all kinds of make-up tips and ideas. She's amazing!! She also has a post about jeans. You'll have to go way back to her first couple of posts to find it but it is there. Have fun!

Kathy said...

OK Cami, I know I'm a "little" older than most of the people responding, but I use L'Oreal eye make up remover before I wash my face. Inexpensive and easy. I admire your desire to keep your house ready for visitors at all times but the truth is, your real friends are coming to spend time with you, and not to critique your housekeeping.

Jeannie said...

I love your "wear make-up" resolution. I'm the same way. I hate to/don't know how to take off eyeliner! Hope that you've found a way that works for you!

Lorraine said...

I also think the place to buy designer jeans at a good price is the Nordstrom Rack- and there is a fabulous Rack in Oak Brook, right next to TJMaxx I might add!