It was great to visit my family in Oregon over this last week. The are so awesome and I appreciate how much time they took off just to spend with me. It's always a party at my parents house. We had 'Christmas' on Monday since that was the only day that my whole family, Jason and I would be in town. It was a sweet and special time. My grandma came over and we had a delicious ham dinner.
I wish we could have done things a little differently so Jason and I could have been there the whole time together, but all well. Next time we'll actually vacation together. Although, I don't know if Jason wants to get to and from our destinations together. Yes, I've had another problem while flying.
On the way to Oregon I had a few troubles. The weather was terrible in Chicago when I flew out and so they had to de-ice the plane. It didn't take too terribly long but when the truck that pushes airplanes from the gate started moving the pin broke that holds them together. Yes, the pin broke. And, since all the other trucks were in use they had to go to the parts department and get another one to switch it out. This took a total of 1.5 hours. My layover in Minneapolis was exactly 1.5 hours. So, of course when we actually got to Minneapolis I was convinced I would be spending a lot of time trying to figure out how to get to the Pasco, Washington airport. When I got off in Minneapolis I asked the gate agent what the status was of my flight from Minneapolis to Seattle. Through lots of prayers, I'm sure, the plane to Seattle waited for me. But, she said they wouldn't wait long so I had to run from the B gates to the F gates. As you'll see from the map here they are on opposite ends of the airport. I ran my little legs off. And, since I always have problems while flying I never check my bags so I had my carry on and a large purse to schlep around with me. It was quite the show, but I made it.
After that everything was pretty uneventful until it was time to come back to Chicago. In order to fly to Pasco, WA we generally have to use two airlines because the Pasco airport only has so many airlines that fly into it (I think two or three). I checked in to my flight last night and found that when Northwest told Horizon my name, they got it wrong. It was mostly right but not really what shows up on any sort of documentation. I always give my name as Cami O. Wilcox. Well, the name that showed up when I checked in was Camio Wilcox. Small airports are very meticulous about the rules. I'm sure it's because they have a much lower volume. I was nervous and barely slept last night. Well, when I checked in today nobody noticed that my name on the boarding pass didn't match my drivers license. I am so lucky! The rest of my trip home was quite and uneventful.
I'm thrilled to be able to spend time with my family and feel so blessed to be able to visit them as often as I can. I wish it was more often. Oh, I'll include pictures from the trip, but since Jason is still in Oregon with the camera you'll just have to wait.
4 comments:
CamiO, I'm so glad you could make a cameo in Oregon and see your family! Someone had to make the pun...
Small airports are persnickety yes indeed! I'm glad you made it!
Cami, glad you were able to celebrate Christmas while you were there! I'm also glad I was able to hear the details of your airport adventures. I cross my fingers that Josh and I won't run into trouble next week!
Glad you had a good time. And we are happy that you are back!!
Sounds like you had a great trip to Oregon. So happy that you will be here for Christmas with us!
Post a Comment