This post contains quite a bit of potty talk. If you're easily grossed out, you may want to skip this one. Potty training has gone really well this week. I did the 3 day method and I feel like it has really worked well for Calder. He was ready and interested. The first day was rough but he certainly got it the 2nd and 3rd. He often doesn't want to go to the bathroom and will say "No go potty" which tells me he needs to go. I do my best to patiently remind him to let me know when he does need to go to the bathroom. He eventually comes around and says "Go potty". We then run to the bathroom. He hasn't had a pee accident for quite a few days and he even went pee at Target on Friday. It's not ideal for him to wait so long but I'm hoping he will start to want to go sooner.
Pooping is another story. He does not want to poop. He has successfully pooped in the toilet many times but he has also pooped in his underroos a few times as well. He just doesn't want to go and then waits so long he has an accident. I've increased his fruit and veggie intake to avoid constipation. Has anyone else had this problem? Any advice? I would say his current track record is 60% in the toilet.
Yesterday after pooping in the toilet he looked at it and labeled it "Big brown dinosaur poop".
Pooping is another story. He does not want to poop. He has successfully pooped in the toilet many times but he has also pooped in his underroos a few times as well. He just doesn't want to go and then waits so long he has an accident. I've increased his fruit and veggie intake to avoid constipation. Has anyone else had this problem? Any advice? I would say his current track record is 60% in the toilet.
Yesterday after pooping in the toilet he looked at it and labeled it "Big brown dinosaur poop".
5 comments:
Good for you for potty training now, and yay for Calder doing so well! Sorry, no advice for you on the pooping situation yet. I was going to wait a few more months to train Owen but a friend recently emailed me all the info on the 3 day method and I think I might give it a try in the next couple weeks (before baby gets here!) He's really interested, loves going pee on the potty at least once a day, and likes to wear his blue underwear, so I hope we have the same success as you guys!
I was going to email you and ask you how it went if I didn't see a blog post :) Kinsley does better with pooping on the toilet than peeing, so I can't help there! She never wakes up dry and doesn't seem to mind being wet, so I'm not sure if she's really ready to be potty trained yet. I converted her crib to a bed today (but she has been in our bed all week since we have had a stream of visitors with kids who needed the crib), so I have no idea how tonight will go. One thing at a time, though. I think I will try the 3-day in a couple of weeks when we have a boring week planned. She has some cute undies that she thinks my brother bought her because he just bought her a new shirt (so, of course, he's the one that gets her anything new, right? :) ). I hope Calder keeps doing well and starts to poop better!
What is this 3 day method you guys speak of? I am very interested! Ryleigh will be potty training soon enough.
Hooray for Calder! What a big kid!
Some may disagree, but I am ALL about bribery when it comes to toilet training. Warren would also hold out to the bitter end and have accidents with pooping. I went to the thrift store and got a huge bag of hotwheels cars (must have been about 20) for about $2. Every day that he stayed clean and dry I let him pick out a car. He LOVED trying! By the end of the bag he was completely done having accidents and was motivated to keep pooping in the toilet. We'll what happens with Maddie...
Good luck! He'll get there!
I am really amazed at your potty training skills and determination for your fitness challenge. As far as accidents, I would give him time and lots of bribes.
Post a Comment