I LOVE decorating for Christmas and getting into the spirit of the season. This is the first year we've had a tree in our 5 years of marriage. Prior to this we've had our festive Christmas swag that we hung ornaments from. This is such a sweet tree. It is about 4 feet tall and rather sparse. It is as artificial as they come. Everything on it is something Calder can touch or move to his heart's desire. 
I feel a theme emerging for my Christmas decorations. I'm glad because prior to this year I haven't really felt like it was cohesive. So, the theme is slightly Scandinavian, winter white and gold. I want to get a few things at the after Christmas sales to really make it obvious.I just bought this advent calendar and am so in like with it. Next year I'm going to not only include candy but also a slip of paper with an activity for us to do each day. I've seen various lists online and am so excited to try it.
1 comment:
I think the baby Christmas tree is a really good idea. I might try that next year - this year I just decided it wasn't worth it since we're going to my parents' house where there will be a fancy tree and I didn't want to have to worry about cats/babies choking on wayward ornaments and pine needles in my house. Seems like a lot of effort for not a lot of benefit, you know? But your idea of making it a kid tree is really smart. I DO have a cute wooden advent calender which I put candy in for Matt, but I've never heard of the activity on a slip of paper idea before. That is SO CUTE! Thanks for sharing, Cami! Wish I could see it all in person!
Post a Comment