Oh good deal! I'm glad there's interest in the baking club. Lets alternate between baking and cooking meals and we'll do it every Monday. I want to start on March 16. Hopefully that will give us all enough time to buy the book.
If any of you have a cookbook to recommend for the meal making weeks please suggest it. I don't have one in particular that I'm crazy about. We could just email all the other participants the recipe of the week when we cook so we don't use the same cookbook. What do you guys think?
Also, if you want to participate in just baking or just cooking we can accommodate that too. So if you are only doing baking you would do it every other week and if you are doing both you would do it weekly. Does that make sense?
I've started a blog here to keep track of what we're doing and a place for us to share pictures and thoughts as we go along. If you can think of anything else I may be overlooking, please let me know!
We'll leave it open for anyone to join at any time so if you are thinking about it... join! It will be fun!
If any of you have a cookbook to recommend for the meal making weeks please suggest it. I don't have one in particular that I'm crazy about. We could just email all the other participants the recipe of the week when we cook so we don't use the same cookbook. What do you guys think?
Also, if you want to participate in just baking or just cooking we can accommodate that too. So if you are only doing baking you would do it every other week and if you are doing both you would do it weekly. Does that make sense?
I've started a blog here to keep track of what we're doing and a place for us to share pictures and thoughts as we go along. If you can think of anything else I may be overlooking, please let me know!
We'll leave it open for anyone to join at any time so if you are thinking about it... join! It will be fun!
4 comments:
We got a great cookbook for Christmas that we've been wanting to try a lot of things from. We've only tried one or two recipes so far, but everything looks really good.
The cookbook is "Seasonal Southwest Cooking". I love southwest food, but some people might want to try a cookbook with a variety of food types in it. It's one suggestion though.
great idea to do both cooking and baking. For the cooking, you (or someone else) could pick a recipe and post the recipe on the blog or email to everyone so that we don't all have to have the same cookbook. If someone can send me the recipes, or if I can get them from the blog, then I'll try to participate when I'm in Quito and when it's something I'm able to make. Does that work?
There are lots of great cooking websites out there- one that I like a lot is smittenkitchen.com
Wish I could be in the club!
Sound wonderful! Kirt and I love to cook and bake so we are in! E-mail reciepts sounds like the best idea for Kirt and I. Thanks for inviting.
Stella
Post a Comment