A few weeks ago Calder turned three! Jason and I are so into this kid, it's crazy. I love the age he is at now and feel so blessed to have such a wonderful child. He is smart, creative, kind, gentle and very sweet. I can't imagine life without him.
He was showered with gifts from friends and family and was the happiest little boy. He chose to have a Curious George themed birthday party. It was fun to decorate and plan. He had banana cake with cream cheese frosting at his birthday party and yellow cake with chocolate frosting for his family party on his actual birthday. They were both delicious but I especially enjoyed the banana cake.
This sweet boy went to the doctor and had 3 shots. It was the first time he has cried for shots since his two month appointment. He was nervous and sweaty the whole appointment. I felt so bad for him. He has always taken doctor appointments like any other fun activity we do but not this time. Thankfully the frequency of shots slows down. He is in the 75% for height at 38 1/4 inches and 50% for weight at 33 pounds. Right on track with where he's always been.
I love the idea of doing an interview every year just asking what they like to eat and what they are into. Here is Calder's third birthday interview. He has been shortening his answers in general when I ask him questions, so that is why he says his favorite food is Macaron instead of Macaroni & Cheese. He says his favorite color is red in the movie but hasn't chosen that for any other time. He quite prefers orange over anything else.




4 comments:
Oh my gosh. He's HUGE!!! Time really flies. Remember when you found out you were pregnant the day of Melanie's baby shower? He is such a cutie! I hope my little two and a half year old is that articulate in six months! Wish we could get them together :o( Thanks for posting!!!
I love the amount of thought he put into his answers. Thinking of you "favorite" something can be really hard and he carefully considered his options.
Love the interview. I keep meaning to do one with Kinsley. She also likes to shorten her words like it's a cool thing to do. When she adds "ie" to everything, she is trying to be a baby. I will take the shortened words :)
we miss this little guy. happy birthday calder from emmeline and hazel!
Post a Comment