Friday, October 22, 2010

Apple picking

 A few weeks ago Calder and I went apple picking.  We both loved it and would be happy to do it again. Most of Calder's time was spent playing the drums using sticks, running up and down the long rows of apples and riding his makeshift garbage truck.
 We picked Fuji and Pink Lady apples. We are still eating them and they are still as tasty as the day we picked them. I love it!
 Calder pretended he was a garbage man riding on a garbage truck. While I pushed the wheelbarrow he would hop on and off just like a real garbage man. He also spent a good deal of time riding in the wheelbarrow.

 We've never done one of these cardboard head things. Calder couldn't figure it out. I love the pictures anyway.
We picked a pumpkin at the patch they had but my camera batteries died so I didn't get any pictures.  I keep asking Calder if he wants to paint something on his pumpkin or if he wants to carve a face out of it. Every time he tells me he wants to cook it and eat it and thinks it would be weird to do anything else.  It looks like we'll be eating pumpkin. I'm not a fan of pumpkin that doesn't come from a can because of the consistency.  If anyone has a good recipe that uses fresh pumpkin my little boy would be thrilled.

1 comment:

Casey and Karen said...

My camera batteries died on our apple/pumpkin excursion, too. Kinsley absolutely loved the whole trip, though! We managed to eat all of our picked apples in a week. Pregnancy and apples go really well together for me :)