Sunday, June 13, 2010

20 Months



Calder is 20 months old today. It has been a life altering month. He has adjusted so well to moving and vacationing thus far. Hopefully he continues to be this flexible as we continue our vacation and move.

This month Calder has been copying just about anything we say. He often pauses for a long time if he is about to say a hard word. If you ask what he wants for his birthday he will say "bike". He is very social once he knows other people but starts out a bit shy. He likes me to hold him, a lot. Only he says "hold you" instead of "hold me". He likes to sleep and will ask to go night night when he's tired. He is so gentle. He likes to stroke my hair and play with my earrings.

My favorite words that he says are:
park (pakkk)
backhoe (aphoe)
basketball hoop (babeball hooooop?)
Calder (Dalder)

5 comments:

Lauren said...

He sure is a cutie! Have you read "I am a Backhoe"? We checked it out from the library and my kids love it.

My kids think "hold you" is the verb. Like "hold you me" or "hold you that." i think that's what happens when you take the everything-my-kid-does-is-adorable-and-I-don't-want-to-correct-a-thing approach. Or maybe my kids just aren't very bright...

The Hardy Things in Life said...

AWWWW, I can't believe how big he is!! TOO cute!! Love it! Hope you are having a good vacation!! I think I will be in town next week, not sure when but I will let you know!! We have to get together!!

TheSchmierneys said...

My kids use to say hold you too! I'd forgotten that until I read your blog. (bittersweet that they are getting so big) Hope your surving your vacation/move! miss ya!

Katie Busken said...

I'm so glad things are going well with the vacationing and moving. We miss you a ton! Though Sunday we were all released and a new yw presidency was called. Sweet but sad moment. Thanks again for all you did--you were such an incredible support for me!

happyfamily said...

My girls used to say hold you too. It was one of my favorite things that they said. I'm waiting to see what Clark will say.