Thank you. I appreciate all the kind comments and words of encouragement. I'm feeling much better.
I honestly think I was mostly feeling like I couldn't do anything creative and that was getting me down. I found some larger remnants of fabric from past projects and have a few things in the works. I think this will ultimately be really good for me to see how to use things in a new way and use fabric for projects I may not have otherwise chosen.
I do need to spend some time in the basement just organizing and figuring out where I'm going to put my packed boxes once I start packing. So, I have projects, and that helps.
There was a talk at church today that I found very fitting for me. I love that! Basically it was the circle of goals. So, you start at the top with your goal and start with gusto. You are on the down hill and it's pretty easy. Your enthusiasm carries you to the bottom. But at the bottom, it gets hard and you're not as excited about it. The bottom, lets call it 6:00 through 8:00 is the hardest. You have to persevere if you want to reach your goal. Then, as you start to come back towards the top (victory) again you can see the light at the end of the tunnel and it gets easier. I think I just hit 6:00 but hopefully I'll move through the hard part quickly.
This week I spent $49.66 on groceries. I didn't really use anything from the pantry which made it harder. I'll be changing that this next week. I ended up not getting as much as I would have liked, but we survived.
I did mail a few things at the post office, so I spent $4.88 there. I'm okay with that. I didn't really actually buy anything to take home.
We also spent $218.00 on two new suits for Jason. Joseph A. Bank had a sale that they only have twice a year. Jason has been watching their website for months. The sale just happened to be this week plus we had a great gift card so we did it. I also don't feel bad about this one. Really, it was Jason buying them. I just chose fabric. If only that logic worked at JoAnn's.
I honestly think I was mostly feeling like I couldn't do anything creative and that was getting me down. I found some larger remnants of fabric from past projects and have a few things in the works. I think this will ultimately be really good for me to see how to use things in a new way and use fabric for projects I may not have otherwise chosen.
I do need to spend some time in the basement just organizing and figuring out where I'm going to put my packed boxes once I start packing. So, I have projects, and that helps.
There was a talk at church today that I found very fitting for me. I love that! Basically it was the circle of goals. So, you start at the top with your goal and start with gusto. You are on the down hill and it's pretty easy. Your enthusiasm carries you to the bottom. But at the bottom, it gets hard and you're not as excited about it. The bottom, lets call it 6:00 through 8:00 is the hardest. You have to persevere if you want to reach your goal. Then, as you start to come back towards the top (victory) again you can see the light at the end of the tunnel and it gets easier. I think I just hit 6:00 but hopefully I'll move through the hard part quickly.
This week I spent $49.66 on groceries. I didn't really use anything from the pantry which made it harder. I'll be changing that this next week. I ended up not getting as much as I would have liked, but we survived.
I did mail a few things at the post office, so I spent $4.88 there. I'm okay with that. I didn't really actually buy anything to take home.
We also spent $218.00 on two new suits for Jason. Joseph A. Bank had a sale that they only have twice a year. Jason has been watching their website for months. The sale just happened to be this week plus we had a great gift card so we did it. I also don't feel bad about this one. Really, it was Jason buying them. I just chose fabric. If only that logic worked at JoAnn's.
2 comments:
$49.37 on groceries. $4 on parking for a free event on Friday. NO going out to eat. I'm so proud of myself.
BUT... just got the 30% off Gap email for this weekend. I deleted it. I know it will come again. Not sure how strong I'm going to be.
Lauren, you are an all star. You are so inspiring! Yeah, I just got my second 30% off Gap email. I didn't realize how much those emails from various stores tempt me.
Post a Comment