Saturday, June 13, 2009

8 Months





Calder,

Yay! I'm so glad you're 8 months old! It is so fun! You are learning and growing so fast. I can barely keep up. Here's what you've been up to:

  • You love to stand up and are very stiff whenever I try to sit you down.
  • You point at things you want.
  • You can get from sitting to crawling position without hitting your face. You could do this before but you were too scared to try.
  • You know how to sign 'more' and 'nurse'. You understand 'please' and 'go'. When I ask you to sign 'please' you try the two signs you know and then start emphatically flailing your arms and legs. I love it! You want so much to be able to communicate.
  • You love to tease me. You try to escape every time I take your diaper off. You think it is so funny. You can't stop laughing at yourself. I love it! You also tickle your Daddy and me.
  • You love it when I gently tickle the back of your neck.
  • You walk up the stairs if I hold your hands.
  • You can stand for a few seconds at a time.
  • You love having naked feet.
  • You give high fives and wave on occasion.
  • I love that you were okay being left with Grandma Kate. I also love that once she left you recognized her on Skype.
  • During the move I wanted to maximize nap time so I nursed you to sleep. It was the fastest way. Now that is the only way you will go to sleep. It is also the only way you will nurse. I've created quite a predicament now haven't I?

No comments: